Hello, my friends!
Today, I want to show you my hand-made plant decoration.
As you see, this container is an empty tin of tomato left outside for several months to be rusted. Then, I glued the newspaper torn to the side of it.
My son said "Why do you decorate our room with such a dirty tin?" Whenever I decorate antique taste ornaments, he always asks the same question like this. And I answered each time, "I prefer shabby taste." He can't understand me, but I don't care!
I planted Pilea 'Glauca Greizy.
I love its combination of greyish leaves and red stems:)
And I put the handle made of a fine wire and hang it on the frame I made before.
When spring comes, I want to put it outside in our garden:)
We had our first snow around here yesterday.
I'm waiting for spring while I love the winter scenery!



I think that's an area that is tricky for men and kids. I have the same problem in mine... they can't see behind the rusty and "damaged".
ReplyDeleteI wonder if we, being women, have a special gift in that departement that they lack?!
Mine are always saying "what are you doing with THAT?" sometimes so appaled that I have to look twice to the object of their disdain to see if I picky a different thing ahahahah
They end up amused by my enjoyement when recovering or enjoying it as it is but they wouldn't have invested in those things.
Loovs lovely beside your beautiful frame! You chose well.
Dreaming of Spring too,
Teresa
Nice idea of using this tin!
ReplyDeleteKeity,
I have something for you here:
http://northern-garden.blogspot.ru/2013/01/walking-at-weekend.html
That looks very nice... looking forward to spring...
ReplyDeleteSo wonderful idea,looks so great!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Nely!
Good taste can never be up for debate, meaning what one person find tasteful someone else find distasteful. The fact we all don't have the same opinion makes life more interesting. You just ignore your son and continue doing what your are doing!
ReplyDeleteHallo Keity!Nice idea how you decorated the tin!!I realy like it!!And the frame looks fantastic!!I do'nt love winter!!I'm waiting for Spring too!!Your pictures are amazing!!Wishing you a lovely week!!
ReplyDeleteDimi..
This is a work of art. Your rusty can with the plant looks beautiful hanging from the iron in the frame.
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by and following. I'm happy to be following back, Mary Alice
Very nice Keity, you have transformed the container into a dainty work of art :)
ReplyDeleteYou are a woman that think very clever !Lovely idea ! My older son always says ,don't use junk and the younger says ,mom you are clever ,you will save the planet !!! Have a lovely day !
ReplyDeleteOlympia
Oh, what a nice decoration! I like it.
ReplyDeleteRegards :-)
Hi Keity. Your blog and pictures are beautiful. Sinead
ReplyDelete